[lbo-talk] teacher union bashing

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Mar 18 19:10:17 PDT 2010

Jeffrey Fisher wrote:

> Her basic thing with respect to teachers unions was that when she was
> teaching, you always knew that there were people who slid by doing the least
> that they could possibly do, while others (like herself, and I believe her
> on this) worked their butts off. And then the unions protect them.

I've been sitting in a chair staring into space and getting reall reall ticked off with people who work their butts off. I mean REALLY ticked off. I am especially ticked off at those who work their butts off as teachers, nurses, control tower operators, day care workers, nurses's aides, ER physicians, playground supervisors, crossing guards, welfare workers, firefighters, or any other occupatio remotely linked to human care.

I am ticked off with workers in general who work their butts off, but analysts, gear shavers, Walmart janitors, are relatively harmless thought they and we would be better off if they fucked off more. But humani-care workers who work their butts off are more important to the survival of capitalism and the slaugher of millions than the fucking U.S. Army and the totality of the world's chief executvies.

They disgust me.

Carrol