[lbo-talk] M. Parenti joins the New Atheists?

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sun Mar 28 10:25:38 PDT 2010

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 08:25:00 -0500 Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> writes:
> Some years ago Dennett wrote a letter to the NURB commenting on a
> Review
> by Gould, and Gould wrote a reply. Looking it up might cast some
> light
> on this thread, particularly on the questions shag raises.

That exchange took place in the pages of the NYRB from the summer of 1997 on into 1998. It seemed to have led to personal bitterness between Gould and Dan Dennett that persisted to the end of Gould's life (previously, I think they had gotten along reasonably well despite their disagreements over how evolution works). Anyway, the whole exchange is available online at the following links:

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/1151 http://www.nybooks.com/articles/1070 http://www.nybooks.com/articles/844

Jim Farmelant http://independent.academia.edu/JimFarmelant