[lbo-talk] The Ideology Problem | The Activist

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed May 5 15:50:34 PDT 2010

On Wed, 5 May 2010, Wojtek S wrote:

> [WS:] I think his point was slightly different - he said that
> conservatives do not mind bashing government, even though they do not
> not believe in a no-government state i.e. anarchy and nobody would even
> accuse them of being "anarchists." By the same logic, liberals should
> not be afraid of bashing the markets in a way that does not earn them
> being called names either.

And you're missing my point Wojtek. It isn't fear that keeps liberals from bashing markets. It's that they love them just as much as conservatives do. They won't bash what they love.

They have a distinctively different (and more sophisticated) conception of markets, which includes their embedding, and leads to other consequences....but that would simply recap my post.

Michael