[lbo-talk] anti-pro contradictions

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue May 11 11:17:52 PDT 2010

c b wrote:

> Alan Rudy
>
> "...its also that the left seems - given post-modern uncertainty about
> singular or even primary identities - to have no clear alternative
> vision of community"
>
> ^^^^
> CB: I think this should be "some of the left". Some of the left is
> not hungup on post-modern uncertainties.

I'm not sure why Alan thought it useful to drag in "post-modern" concerns here, but it is quite irrelevant, and gave cb a chance to dodge the actual issues.

_All_ of the left better be aware that in a world of contingencies certainty is damn hard to come by, and usually wrong. And that is good Marxism if you read Marx enough.

Carrol