[lbo-talk] LBO News from Doug Henwood

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 06:32:08 PDT 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 19:59, <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:
> Shane writes:
>
> "When no criminal investigation of a crime is permitted, what is that
> if not a coverup?
> When an "investigation" is staged that excludes all the important
> questions (relevant officials not required to testify, everything
> related to the non-functioning of the air defense system off limits,
> etc.) what is that if not a coverup? "
>
> Yeah, gotta say, that stuff stinks to high heaven.
>
> I don't know what the fuck happened and I resent the fact that I will never be able to know.
>
> Joanna

I agree. But on the other hand, there is quite a difference between Government bureaucrats trying to cover their asses for failing to prevent this and a widespread conspiracy that encompasses almost the entire government apparatus--necessitating compliance from hundreds if not thousands of people for it to be carried out in the fashion truthers claim (has anyone done an accounting of approximately how many people would have to be in on this to make it work--from the FAA, Air Force, and TSA to the people who set the detonation charges in the towers and whoever had to murder all the people in the planes that were actually missiles and manufacture the phone calls from said planes, etc. etc.? How many of those people have come forward to question the so called "official version" and how many of them can actually provide evidence there was a conspiracy rather than basic inadequacy?) A cover-up doesn't mean their was some alternative explanation for why what happened happened, the cover up could easily (and far more reasonably) mean that the people responsible for preventing said disaster were completely unable to do so. It's called CYA.

It is far more convincing to me that the US government is fallible and unable to really enforce order and security against people who want to subvert it than that it is some omnicompetent mechanism that could possibly be used to carry out something of this magnitude.

God this is such a dead end conversation.