[lbo-talk] London Underground's Privatization Experiment Dead as Remaining PPP is Bought Out

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Thu May 13 17:43:25 PDT 2010

Well, it makes some sense to talk about an opposition if our rulers insist on talking about the free market.

J.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Beck " <ersatzdog at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:18:32 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] London Underground's Privatization Experiment Dead as Remaining PPP is Bought Out

Is the public-private distinction even relevant anymore? If neoliberalism has accomplished anything, it has meant the combining of and blurring the lines between capital's functions (production/profit) and the state 's functions (capture/reorganization). Capital now has its own reterritorializing arms (public relations, nonprofits, foundations) while the state operates by value-producing and enterprise principles. I don't think it makes much sense to insist on the opposition. ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk