[lbo-talk] Black Panther Coloring Book

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 07:15:27 PDT 2010

Nowhere. You're an informant now? I thought you were part of a group of more or less like minded folks engaged in collegial or comradish exchanges. I'm not studying you, I'm arguing against you. Jeez.

I thought you were someone who admitted to knowing very little about this topic but who nevertheless wrote in very knowing ways. My suggestion was that when you don't know what you're talking about and know that you've avoided learning about the issues at hand because of certain predispositions that you change the tone of how you write. You could say things like: "I've always heard...", "Is it true that..." "Could anyone help me better understand..." "This sounds to me, at least at first blush, to point...." "I don't understand the context in which..." etc.

I think another thing that's kinda got some some folks feeling like their knickers are in a twist is that - just in the last two years - there have been a number of discussions about the Panthers, Weather Underground, Red Brigades, etc and these exchanges have clearly differentiated the groups, their contexts, etc, as well as various affiliations and affections here on the list... but not an iota of that work that, again, we assume you've read given your participation rate here appears to have penetrated your aversion or informed your recent posts.