[lbo-talk] Tea Party: less than meets the eye

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri Nov 5 09:32:43 PDT 2010

On Nov 5, 2010, at 11:46 AM, c b wrote:

> ^^^^^
> CB: Pretty sure he [Obama] is trying to continue to be a superb
> speaker just
> like everybody agreed he was just a little while back. He's still
> speaking superbly, but the monopoly media has changed its frame on
> him.

Two years ago the whining was to the effect that the "lamestream" (or "monopoly" now) media had "framed" to the benefit of Obama (now the Tea people). What cb doesn't understand is that a president can at any time address the people directly (via nationally televised "reports to Congress on the State of the Union") and with the full technological resources of the medium at his disposal. That Obama refused to do so--except for two ritual occasions--says everything you need to know about his political priorities.

Shane Mage

"I'll do whatever I want, and they can go to hell." (Harry Truman, the day after the 1946 rout)