[lbo-talk] Enthusiasm

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 11:40:27 PDT 2010

[This whole article is a knee-slapper, but the paragraph below is insanely hysterical: We street-fighting men and women were at home, waiting to be summoned to the barricades, but they never called us!]

Enthusiasm?: I Am Not Interested in Things Getting Worse! By Bill Fletcher, Jr http://www.pdamerica.org/articles/campaigns/2010-10-27-10-51-34-campaigns.php

[...]

The deeper problem, and one pointed out by many people, is that the Obama administration did not encourage the continued mobilization of its base to blunt the predictable assaults from the political right. As a result, many people sat home waiting to be called upon to mobilize. Instead, we received emails or phone calls asking us to make financial contributions, or perhaps to send a note regarding an issue, but we were not called upon to hit the streets.

[...]