[lbo-talk] Lay Off the Schools was education bubble

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Sep 11 12:23:58 PDT 2010

I have come to feel that Eric wrote the only sensible post in the whole thrread (or threads) on education.

For 10 or 15 years (1955-70) U.S. schools performed wonderfully (if you judge by realworld possiblity and not some fantasy of what schools should be). (Then and since there were the problems created by racism, but that is another issue.) Then the budget cuts begin, and have been continuous ever since, with attacks on teachers mounting and finally the No Child Left Unmolested Bush program and the Race to Perdition of the Obama Administration.

AND EVERY NEGATIVE REMARK ABOUT THE SCHOOLS, NO MATTER HOW INTENDED OR HOW ACCURATE WILL FEED INTO THIS WRECKING OPERATION.

SO LEFTISTS MUST LAY OFF THE SCHOOLS.

Carrol