[lbo-talk] Noam Comes to Chico

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 01:33:50 PDT 2010

It must have been a treat to meet and talk to the great man, by Noam's recollection sounds vague and, well, weird. Which one of Reagan's kids attended Chico State? And when they were college age Chico State was hardly a hotbed of reaction and militarism. I spent a lot of time in Chico during the 70s and early 80s and it could not be described a place uninfected with "leftism," and what is worse, moral laxity. Christ, Chico State was named the No. 1 party school in country at some point in 80s. Pioneer Days was a regular bacchanalia for decades. Times change, but I find it hard to believe that even now, there are but two "radicals" to be found on campus.