[lbo-talk] John McCain Lauds Anti-Gadhafi Force During Libya Visit

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 08:16:04 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
> Wow, how times change! In less than two years!!
>
> http://articles.boston.com/2009-08-15/news/29254041_1_libya-john-mccain-military-equipment

Good find, Doug.

I´m not sure if people like McCain are aware of the damage actions like these create to the legitimacy of the United Nations, or perhpas they do and do this on purpose.

Until I read this I could defend the UN resolution and claim with a straight face that there was no nefarious imperialistic US involvement with second intentions... seeing McCain visiting a city in the middle of the conflict surrounded by American flags, well, blows away any moderate position and gives food to the Gaddafists who decried "Imperialism!" the minute this started.

FC