[lbo-talk] Stock Markets vs the Real Economy

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Wed Aug 10 22:03:35 PDT 2011

On 8/10/2011 9:47 PM, Chuck Grimes wrote:

> You all meaning SA and Doug keep demanding argument and respond with
> bullshit, personal put downs, or one line snot refutations. Well screw
> you. Fucking make an argument or cool, I am outta here. That China
> amounts to nothing in the US economy is blatant bullshit.

> Goodbye.
>
> CG
>
> ps. Since I am a hapless romantic I will probably come crawling back but
> at the moment I am thoroughly pissed with this denial sensibility. I
> love you but fuck you.

Put away the gin already.

It's not nothing, but it's not a lot either.

http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

You can find the same for Japan and other countries with the google.

Of course the stats carry all the pitfalls of methodological nationalism at a time when economists are slowly getting better at understanding intrafirm trade flows.

On second thought, it's still early; have another drink and relax!