[lbo-talk] Wisconsin recall results

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 12:38:44 PDT 2011

CG: I think _you_ are telling _me_ that they are not organized around a master plan that would make them competitive in the class struggle major leagues.

[WS:] There is a misunderstanding here. What I was suggesting is a modest medium range plan that will allow left and other groups getting a better political representation. I do not believe in the changes that many radicals are talking about - like abolishing capitalism, and

the state, or fundamentally changing the way society works etc. Quite frankly, I think establishing a leftie colony on the Moon would be a more realistic plan than that.

I prefer a modest realistic solution to a grand unrealistic one. Which reminds me of a New Yorker cartoon: a doctor to a patient: "Before trying assisted suicide, let's give aspirin a chance. Likewise, before "the revolution finally comes" let's give reforming the political process a chance.

And one more thing - it was never possible to unite the masses when they shared nothing but rags and chains, so what makes you think that this even remotely possible in the era of individualized consumerism and identity politics? Regarding the supposed unity of the upper echelons - it appears so only for those who are outside such echelons - just like for an average Joe Schmoe all Muslims look the same.

Wojtek