[lbo-talk] Myth of the Labor Aristocracy & Opportunism

Somebody Somebody philos_case at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 28 10:03:31 PDT 2011

Joseph Catron: You know why people in Somalia don't enjoy your standard of living, Carrol? It isn't only because capitalism distributes resources inequitably; it's also because the resources needed to give six billion people your standard of living aren't there. Not even close. And there are reasons you get them and they don't.

Somebody: That footprints website is a gimmick. It's sad that Marxism has come to this. You've basically submerged Marx in a mire of ecological alarmism.

China is already as close to a U.S. standard of living as it is to Somalia's. Almost certainly closer, in fact, due to diminishing marginal utility. That's 1.3 billion people right there. In fact, I would argue the same for large parts of Latin America and Asia. Somehow we haven't run out of earths yet.