[lbo-talk] Egypt Islamists widen poll lead

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 16:14:33 PST 2011

[WS:] True, but the secularists had the state apparatuses at their disposal, which is a very powerful organizing force. The same does not hold for liberals, though.

But in any case, these different attitudes toward organizing beg a question what explains this difference? Why is that assorted religious fanatics and right wingers in Egypt and elsewhere are busy organizing, while assorted secularists, liberals and left wingers are not?

Wojtek