[lbo-talk] Occupy Reality

Nicholas Roberts nicholas at themediasociety.org
Sat Dec 17 12:29:14 PST 2011

did anyone hear this on KPFA about the 12/12 action... ?

is it just me, or, between the lines am I reading another "what the fuck are you doing Occupy?" but this time from the unions?

according to the speakers the city owned port of Oakland has basically the only social union left in the country and they have real costs for the 12/12 action http://archives.kpfa.org/data/20111216-Fri1000.mp3

so, like the Black Bloc action and faction has fragmented the OO Coalition - 40 000 strong for the demo - the 12/12 action has now fragmented the union coalition ?

does this mean Occupy Oakland will shrink further?

its funny, in the comments a Wobbly complains about the lack of militancy, but last time I looked, the local Wobbly chapter was getting screwed by the hippies who run the ecology center's garbage program

so, it seems the OO has really made a transformation from camp, to coalition, to vanguard in short order

but fortunately, they are the 99%, so they have no problems