[lbo-talk] move your money campaign

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 12:07:17 PST 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com> wrote:

> Besides, I didn't see anyone saying "put it in a credit union, keep it
> local!" ... I saw it more as "put it in a credit union, don't reward the
> bastards who almost completely fucked us" ...

"Move the money" is a perfectly fine short-term goal, and will hopefully get people thinking about the role of finance in their lives.

Of course, the long-term goal has to be to take over the banks completely. Turn 'em into a public utility. A system which works fine in Russia, India, China, and yes, even Germany (publicly-owned banks are one-third of the banking system). Occupy the bailout!

-- DRR