[lbo-talk] Once again, food prices

brad babscritique at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 12:17:04 PST 2011

On QE I am not claiming that monetary policy plays no role in speculative distortions, only that it isn't really clear what impact QE has on the value of the dollar. When the most aggressive QE was taking place in 2008-2010, the value of the dollar was rising, not falling. Also, the drop in value of the US dollar is most sever during the period of 2003-2006, prior to QE. Now what role this excess liquidity has on the market is another story, but as I mentioned in my reply to SA I don't think we should claim that it has a direct bubble producing effect, or that it has to.

Brad