[lbo-talk] it was punk rock that set him off

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 14:39:16 PST 2011

2011/1/12 Ferenc Molnar <ferenc_molnar at hotmail.com>

At least from what I've gathered about the American Renaissance their
> interest in Israel seems to me based on their view of it as a racial
> enclosure that could be beneficial to the white race because Jews are
> interbreeding with other Jews and not the white race.

You may very well know more about it than I do. But the (mainstream, non-extremist, and decidedly white supremacist) ADL sees it differently:

"Taylor eschews anti-Semitism. Seeing Jews as white, greatly influential and the 'conscience of society,' Taylor rather seeks to partner with Jews who share his views on race and racial diversity. Four* *out of the 10 speakers at the initial American Renaissance conference in 1994 were Jews, including Michael Levin, a racist professor at the City University of New York and author of *Why Race Matters*, and Rabbi Mayer Shiller, then head of the Yeshiva University High School for Boys in New York. Jews have been speakers and/or participants at all eight American Renaissance conferences."

http://www.adl.org/Learn/Ext_US/jared_taylor/ideology.asp

> But all this is esotericism, though very important esotericism

Well, we agree on the first part, anyway! An hour and a half ago, Charles wrote that "Chip Berlet's work is motivated by concern to fight white supremacist extremists." I nearly responded that that was an accurate summation of the problem. I often find Chip's work valuable, but don't share his and others' obsession with the marginal fringes of political discourse, as opposed to the very respectable white supremacists who have their hands on the levers of power.