[lbo-talk] Note on Low vision and web sites

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jul 19 19:00:51 PDT 2011

We have been considering larger screen . The 30 in. screen has come down to $1200 from some absurd figure. We'll probably be getting that before long. With the 54 in. screen I'd probably need roller skates. My computer glasses focus at 6 in, so there's a trade-off there also. I'm using the ZoomText reader more and more, though it's not easy to overcome habits of 70 years. Jan did mention recently that I have it set at a speed uncomfortably rapid forher. That is encouraging. I'm skeptical that the web screen problem will ever be solved very satisfactorily. (It will improve when Jan retires in August 2012 -- then the remedy of "Jaaaan..." will be more available. :-)

Carrol