[lbo-talk] more on college costs

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:31:35 PDT 2011

oh, i agree. the point, it seems to me, is that none of this goes to the root of the issue. tuition freezes and legislative de-funding don't actually make college cost less, any more than higher deductibles make health care cost less. i'm not convinced administrative costs aren't way too high (you and I have talked about this before, and we seem at least more or less roughly kind of in agreement). but even if they aren't way too high, they ought to be subsidized, per Doug's point ages ago.