[lbo-talk] pah

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 20:56:57 PDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 10:33 PM, Bryan Atinsky <bryan at alt-info.org> wrote:
> What did you brew up?
>
> I just started drinking my latest, which was my first attempt at a Weissbier... I maybe shouldn't have put in a secondary fermenter, because it doesn't have much of the traditional Weiss haze anymore, and I added crystal malt, which I think gives it a higher malt profile taste than would be traditional... Tastes real good, just not a traditional Weiss profile...

It's a Hefe Weizen. I'm a little disappointed -- the last time I brewed it it had more of the weirdo volatiles that sometimes distinguish it, though that might have been a different recipe and a too-high fermenting temp (like around 80F) the first time around that caused that. I haven't really experimented too much with hop and malt profiles, just going by the book, though I know I'll want to tweak things at some point. I have a Kölsch lined up next. One of these days I'll have a couple of kegs of saison to last me the summer.

I didn't think you'd put Weiss in a 2ndary fermenter, that it's not heavy and complex enough to warrant that.

-- Andy