[lbo-talk] blog post: radical labor education, part 5: a new labor movement?

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 18:25:59 PST 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 7:41 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

>> I tried send an alert to the list earlier but I'm not sure it went through -
>> my messages seem to work when I send them as replies...so:
>
> It did get through. Not a surprise really, but shitty news.

It's only gloomy news for mainstream Dems. I don't always agree with Carrol, but he's right about one thing: decades of Dem triangulation and cash donations and playing more-neoliberal-than-thou is what got us into this unholy mess. The only thing which will change anything is millions of ordinary citizens saying HELL NO to this entire rotten, stinking corpse of a failed Empire. Civil disobedience, strikes, shutting down entire cities, the works. Madison is an amazing and heartening start, but we need our very own Cairo Spring.

-- DRR