[lbo-talk] Most schools could face 'failing' label

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Mar 10 10:43:57 PST 2011

Wojtek S

PS. You seem to think that there is still some logic into it - sinister, but logic nonetheless. I am not so optimistic - I think it is just pure pilfering, grabbing what they can when they can before the whole thing goes under. There is no logic, no systems, no rationality - just pure opportunism, thievery, and 'apres moi, le deluge' mentality. It stinks of putrefaction, like the French monarchy in the 1700s.

=====

Oh come now. You just shift labels and try to pretend that capitalism as usual is somehow different from capitalism as usual. The organic metaphor of "decay" simply isn't applicable to capitalist societies. They can't be changed by knocking off the ruling class because that just produces a new crop of young and vigorous capitalists.

You and Dennis R both engage in a great deal of wishful thinking. It is amusing to see the great cynic so naïve under the surface.

Carrol