[lbo-talk] Questions about Osama Bin Laden

Peter Fay peterrfay at gmail.com
Wed May 4 09:06:24 PDT 2011

Turns out almost everything they reported was lies - picked up by the Guardian ( http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/04/osama-bin-laden-killing-us-story-change?intcmp=239 ).

For example, he did not resist, did not use a woman as a human shield, his wife was not killed, he was captured and then was executed in front of family and daughter while he was in custody. He did not live luxuriously in a million-dollar palace, but in a barren home with spartan furnishings - home was worth $250k. There were no weapons found in the entire home during the search after the execution. There was therefore no firefight - no one in the home fired at the US Seals. It was a simple capture then execution of Bin Laden and his son.

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2011/05/04/147782.html

And this event really has little to no relevance really to the war in Afghanistan/Pakistan.