[lbo-talk] vaca reading

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Wed May 11 16:50:51 PDT 2011

But did Strauss believe that he had "contradicted" Hobbes, or that he merely had identified the esoteric meaning beneath the quoted passage? That's the fun in the esoteric game: you can wriggle out of anything.

Mark Bennett

This is an interesting problem all its own. I decided to take what Strauss wrote at face value. So if I read something, I assumed the writer intended to say what he actually wrote. If what he wrote was wrong, then it was wrong, period. So I went looking for these kinds of mistakes.

CG

ps. I will give Strauss credit because he made me read and think