[lbo-talk] what fiscal emergency?

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri May 20 11:35:12 PDT 2011

At 11:14 AM 5/20/2011, Doug Henwood wrote:

>HS econ teachers are mostly dreadful hacks aren't they?

I think they'd have to be, considering most of their economics profs in college would have been also.

>I mean, really, what else can you say or do?

In the case of this teacher, nothing. But I was remembering something you said in the Capital and its Discontents book about the economics profession presenting this stuff as too complicated for people to understand. I think the confusion between debt and deficit, as just one example, is pretty widespread because people just tune out.