[lbo-talk] Occupy Oakland's imminent implosion and the wider effects

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 13:10:32 PST 2011

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Max Sawicky <sawicky at verizon.net> wrote:

I make no claims as to who agrees or not with me. Never did.

Not explicitly, but you have been harrumphing about how OO should go about enforcing a consensus that, from what I can tell, has never come close to existing. You want to skip the hard part - convincing enough people to agree with you - and go straight to implementing the agreement. (To be fair, I sometimes think that sort of thing would be nice, too!)

Meanwhile, I have a vague idea that some of the Oakland Black Bloc have put a hell of a lot more time and energy into building the occupation movement than the vast majority of what Carrol appropriately calls the "kvetchers" here. If you want to influence the direction of a movement, doing the work helps. And as I've said before, work's one thing anarchists are great at.