[lbo-talk] internal threats

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Nov 9 15:16:35 PST 2011

Apologies. Based on your name, I assumed you were writing from France.

So, you're seriously asserting that because the GA warned banks and corps, that gives them carte blanche to do whatever?

Really? Giving no additional thought to how that might affect the general population who believed they were going to participate in a non-violent action?

Really?

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- On Wed, 2011-11-09 at 18:39 +0000, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:
> You're writing from very far away.

I'm writing from Oakland, where I live.

> WHO intended the strike to be coercive?

The general assembly, which, when it endorsed the proposal for the general strike, said:

"We propose a city wide general strike and we propose we invite all students to walk out of school. Instead of workers going to work and students going to school, the people will converge on downtown Oakland to shut down the city. All banks and corporations should close down for the day or we will march on them."

--

"When placed in value-relation to the linen, the coat signifies more

than when out of that relation, just as many a man strutting about

in a gorgeous uniform counts for more than when in mufti."

-- Marx, _Capital_ Voyou Desoeuvre http://blog.voyou.org/