[lbo-talk] Testing one two three

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Nov 23 11:15:38 PST 2011

Yes, you're completely right. That's why the first step of occupying the schools is to boycott the tests.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/23/education/more-students-charged-in-long-island-sat-cheating-case.html?_r=1&ref=education

[WS:] I hear that this is a wide spread phenomenon. Everyone does it: administrators, teachers, and students cum their parents.

I see is as an inevitable product of standardized testing, which is a blatant example of Taylorisation of education. It takes away control of educational process from skilled labor (teachers) and farms it out to semi-skilled workers directly supervised by business managers. While this model can produce test scores more "efficiently" than teachers do, it also creates incentives for cheating by teachers and administrators.