[lbo-talk] michael moore threw gasoline on the dried up prairie grasses

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Mon Oct 10 15:06:21 PDT 2011

well, if there prairie grasses dried up, then michael moore's Capitalism: A Love Story was like throwing gasoline in patches.

If you want to understand a certain faction of more left leaning protest, watch that film. I hadn't seen it since I watched it in 2009. But HBO appears to have decided that it needs to be shown again... I'm laying around mending, so nothing better to do than drool in front of the tube.

in it, you see a number of memes taken up by (a faction) at OWS:

1. 1% comes from the leaked citigroup document that shows investment advice based on an analysis claiming that the US is a plutonomy where 1% own 40% of the wealth.

2. The FDR bill of rights widely circulating and used as signage

3. The Jefferson quote about banks

4. the idea that people should get together and do something, there's no other way out because the system isn't reformable

5. various examples of success - where people get together and refuse to roll over and discussions of the empowerment they feel at doing so

6. the invitation where Moore says he's getting tired of fighting, he wants some help

7. Unf, the conspiracy theory tone to some of the banking stuff...