[lbo-talk] Infrastructure

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Sat Oct 15 09:59:42 PDT 2011

That has been well known for quite a while, no? But guess what, as long as neo-liberals hold their grip on US politics it ain't gonna happen. It does not matter whether there is a need or even money making opportunity - this is an expansion of the public sector and thus rolling back the "Reagan Revolution" in these guys' minds.

wojtek

---------

Oh, wojtek, it's worse than you can imagine. I am trying my best to build a simple, inexpensive community maintenance shop. I've been at this since April. Friday, my boss bought a used drill press. I was all creepy in the crotch to go see.

What I found was a joke. It's a tiny thing I could pick up, and it was heavily used, abused, and the fucking spindle wobbles. Evidently mister manager has never used a drill press. I am thinking I'll buy it from the org and take it to the dump.

I am staggered by the stupity, inaction, stalling, bullshit I am up against. The grant says buy American. Gee, assholes, we shipped the entire tool industry to China. Our best bet is to find the Taiwan version because it's better than mainland. What are you fucking assholes thinking!

It's over boys and girls. We can't rebuild our infrastructure because we don't make any of the tools to do it. Everything from building cranes, bridge tresses to a screwdriver is made in China. Where do you think their economic development came from? Some Chinese magic trick? As for the USA, there is no there ... there.

CG

And it get worse when you realize nobody you know, knows how to build anything, even a work table...