[lbo-talk] port huron

Bill Quimby quimbywm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 09:09:11 PDT 2011

The writings of Herbert Marcuse were very popular at the time its composition - and quite readable despite the Hegelian and Frankfurt School overtones. "Alienation", "loss of community" etc. were vibrant, actively-discussed issues. (I agree, though, that the statement could have used a good editor before being rushed to print.)

- Bill

On 10/19/2011 9:27 AM, shag carpet bomb wrote: . The language of Port Huron was so rooted in the