[lbo-talk] Europe Stifles Drivers in Favor of Mass Transit and Walking

michael perelman michael.perelman3 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 20:03:05 PDT 2011

Others have described Chinese driving to me in a similar way. That does not jive with what I experienced. On our last trip, a taxi hit our taxi trying to cut in front of us. Our Chinese hosts continually war us that cars have a right of way when we cross the street.

I do see gatherings of young people walking around at night, but relatively few pedestrians relative to the density of the city.