[lbo-talk] Tuesday evening report from OWS

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 25 22:42:44 PDT 2011

At 10:27 PM 10/25/2011, Michael Smith wrote:

>But haven't we been hearing a fair amount of implicit
>or explicit Orville-that-thing-will-never-fly
>stuff from some of our comrades lately? That's
>been my impression, anyway.

I'm not getting that so much. Criticism, sure. And why not? But I think people have also been going out of their way to respectfully and hopefully say, if you will, "there's something happening here..."

>Not to doubt anybody's good faith, of course. We've
>all been so beaten up it's not surprising that we might
>not want to get our hopes up again.

I'm just curious why Jodi Dean has been such a lightning rod for the "that-thing-will-never-fly" accusers. What's the deal there?