[lbo-talk] seems 99% sure

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Sep 2 09:29:15 PDT 2011

On 9/2/2011 10:30 AM, Joseph Catron wrote . . .

a post about me rather than about the world or left politics. Hence I didn't bother to read beyond the first line.

We are talking incidentally not about what struggles we should initiate; we are talking about the present visible attack on us. That is the usual way that working-class movements begin.

Incidentally, unless serious mass working-class movements develop in both the U.S. and the EU the Palestinian people are doomed. Such a movement might fgorce U.S. withdrawal from its support of Israel and of tyrannical Arab regimes. The ind of thing Joseph does is essential in just keeping the situation in Palestine in front of us, but it will never, by itself and in the absence of a mass working-class movement, do shit positively for the Palestinians. The kindof attack on his "friends" Joseph boasted of making doesn't hurt those friends but it betrays _his_ friends in Gaza.

Carrol