[lbo-talk] Dumb QOTD: What kind of labor produces intellectual property?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sat Sep 3 09:06:01 PDT 2011

michael perelman writes:

> In my book Steal this Idea, I emphasize how intellectual
> property hinders both science & technical change. Much of he cost
> goes to litigation rather than rewarding creativity.

But that litigation is only for a small sliver of the content produced (which of course is the focus of much of the commerce).

No lawyers got rich defending Doug's rights :-)

I'm pretty sure this is a case of "it doesn't matter unless it matters; and then it matters quite a lot" ...

"Business Practice" patents, of course, are a whole 'nuther ball of wax.

/jordan