[lbo-talk] Dumb QOTD: What kind of labor produces intellectual property?

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Mon Sep 5 22:34:21 PDT 2011

At 4:10 PM -0700 5/9/11, Gar Lipow wrote:

> Why not either pitch to a commercial publisher or
>self-publish in paperback and Kindle format a collection of Doug's lbo
>columns. Not insignificant amount of work, but not like writing from
>scratch or revising.

Also interesting would be to edit (big job though) down a couple of the more interesting debates had on the LBO list. In the style of that old Daniel De Leon pamphlet - 'as To Politics' it was titled I think - that published a debate on between DeLeon and the anarchists that was originally conducted through newspaper editorial columns and letters columns.

Like I say, big job, but there have been one or two interesting debates on this list over the years. I reckon it would perhaps be enlightening to see them refined.

Of course anyone could do it, the archives are there for anyone who is brave enough to try wading through them. Idle Hands Do The Devil's Work, go for it!

OK, that's my contribution: a title. ;-)

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas