[lbo-talk] Oakland Museum of Children's Art Shuts Down Palestinian Children's Exhibit

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Mon Sep 12 11:46:19 PDT 2011

Yeah, but why would the pick this fight? Win or lose, they'll wind up looking awful. Average, apolitical people will consider them with disgust. Who wants that? Aside from being a classier breed of people all around, I'm pretty sure BDS activists would avoid going after children's war art for conscious strategic reasons.

Joseph Catron.

I have no idea who BDS is or what they represent, or even if they had anything to do with this.

We are in very murky culture wars. I have no idea who got to the Oakland Museum board.

The museum cancelled the show and the only explanation is that somebody got to a donor group or threaten to. This is understandable to me.