[lbo-talk] Donate to Wall Street protesters

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 09:45:31 PDT 2011

Doug Henwood

SA wrote:

> Yup. It's funny how there are certain leftists who'll flirt with that faction of the right-wing that wants to turn back the clock to 1880 as long as it's against whatever the current war is. They'd never think to give a pass to some apologist for the wars just because he was a liberal New Deal-Great Society diehard. It's part of this imperialism-centric worldview that I assume comes from the New Left generation.

^^^^ CB; Gee lets put on our logic caps . The New Left of anti-Viet Nam fame wasn't "imperialism-centric". It was anti-imperalism-centric. The new New Lefties who flirt with Paul because of his anti-imperialist , neo-isolationism aren't imperialism-centric. ??? There isn't any New Left generation that is "imperialism-centric".

^^^^^

And it can lead you into Yoshie Furuhashi-style apologetics for the Iranian, Libyan, and Syrian regimes,

Doug

^^^^ CB: Well, there's a non-sequitur. Yoshie didn't get to her positions by flirting with Ron Paul ( lol).