[lbo-talk] Marx's Rejection of a Moral Critique of Capital

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 12:26:57 PDT 2012

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 1:26 PM, <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> Of course, focusing on the immorality of the Koch brothers misses the larger point and is a waste of time. But I find it
> equally misleading to reject ethical concerns in understanding our struggle.

Yep. Ethics is the horizon-line, praxis the next step down the road. Each needs the constant corrective of the other. Praxis with no ethics is empty activistism, ethics with no praxis is empty moralism.

That said, that horizon is transnational these days. Or put in a sound-bite, ethics is one of the gateways to transnational citizenship. I've said this before, but I'll say it again: neoliberalism will rue the day it decided to blanket the planet with interactive media technology, giving us transnational proletarians the tools to organize.

-- DRR