[lbo-talk] Marx's Rejection of a Moral Critique of Capital

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Sun Apr 15 11:01:42 PDT 2012

On 4/14/2012 12:26 PM, Dennis Redmond wrote:

> Yep. Ethics is the horizon-line, praxis the next step down the road.
> Each needs the constant corrective of the other. Praxis with no ethics
> is empty activistism, ethics with no praxis is empty moralism.
>
> That said, that horizon is transnational these days. Or put in a
> sound-bite, ethics is one of the gateways to transnational
> citizenship. I've said this before, but I'll say it again:
> neoliberalism will rue the day it decided to blanket the planet with
> interactive media technology, giving us transnational proletarians the
> tools to organize.
>
> -- DRR

Yep and transnational proletarians are using cutting edge ethical theories and media technologies to proliferate porn videos, workplace/civic space surveillance systems, instructions for how to set up meth labs on the cheap and how to make counterfeit Avastin, in addition to struggling to get rid of their authoritarian governments.

Ian