[lbo-talk] On the other hand...Assange...

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 04:14:27 PDT 2012

>Umm this response makes no sense?

Well nevermind then. You didn't get the connections.

>At any rate Greenwald has written a pretty thorough takedown of this
>"myths" >piece, as I hoped he would:

Which after reading through, what can I say? We are not communicating.

The myths I was refering were the so-called binding international agreements on asylum, political refugees and extradition. These myths are completely independent of Assange. They arise whenever a controversial figure seeks asylum. Assange is just the latest example. The media smear is typical as in one nation's freedom fighter is another nation's terrorist.

The point to bringing up Trotsky was his case was particularly ridiculous. After the Russians exported him to Turkey, the Turks shipped him to Spain. The Spainish moved him from Barcelona to Cadiz. He had argued and press to stay in Cadiz long enough to appeal to the French who excused themselves since they still an order to exspel him dated back twenty years. The English turned him down even though he knew half a dozen high liberals in government..He had been Foreign Minister under Lenin before becoming Minister of War. So he took the next ship out of Cadiz to Mexico.

Well Greenwald's piece was good enough, so nevermind the history.

CG