[lbo-talk] Why High French Unemployment Rate?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Dec 25 14:01:24 PST 2012

On Dec 25, 2012, at 4:12 PM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So being discouraged is not subjective? It does not depend how respondents
> feel about their prospect of finding a job?

No. You're classed as discouraged if you haven't looked for work in the last month but have in the past year - and looking for work doesn't mean just farting into the couch saying, "gee I sure would like a job." You have to make calls, send resumes, etc. etc. If you haven't looked in a year but say you want a job you're classed as "not in labor force, wants job now."

Doug