[lbo-talk] School Debate: Central Focus

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 08:54:43 PST 2012

Woj,

thanks for sharing.

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 09:50, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >From my pov, the "manual" labor can be as if not more intellectually
> challenging than many white collar jobs.

This is very nicely demonstrated and discussed in the film I linked before. This should take you to the part of the film: http://www.hulu.com/watch/326776/the-tradesmen-making-an-art-of-work?c=1613:1970 http://www.hulu.com/watch/326776/the-tradesmen-making-an-art-of-work?c=2016:2552

I think there are others, but can't go through it to find them right now. It's not a perfect film, but it is eye opening - or was to me - in its description of the cultural perception of work.