[lbo-talk] School Debate: Central Focus

lbo83235 lbo83235 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 14:37:02 PST 2012

On Feb 16, 2012, at 11:22 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> This rehearsal of banalities which no one would disagree with is
> illustrative of the impossibility of conversation (as opposed to point
> scoffing) on lb-talk.

Having spent the day with a couple of Sri Lankan activists living under the very real threat of abduction and torture when they return home on Monday, and a couple of DRC activists who had to sneak to our meeting under threat of politicised arrest and rendition by Kabila's goons, I could hardly agree more. I'm embarrassed that I've devoted an entire email folder to this shit, and waded through it for as long as I have.

Oh, except "this" is not-not-not Amerikkka, right Woj? And, yes, Doug, your failure to respond to Tahir's challenge didn't go unnoticed. It's all quite telling. And not in a good way. "They hate us for our freedom." Yeah, right. Silliness and vanity.

Ignorance, stupidity, posturing, distraction, defensiveness and / or vanity all round. I call bullshit on it all. Carrol's a cranky old son-of-a-bitch, but he knows a helluva lot, and he's almost always right, and the rest of you are just too insecure to deal with the ruthless, insightful shit he dishes up pretty much daily. Effing kak. (Tahir can translate that if needed.)

For the record, I sent DC an apology off-list several weeks ago. He either didn't see it or chose not to respond. No problem either way; the apology stands. I'm sorry for your loss.

Anybody who's serious about organising / mobilising, feel free to contact me off-list.