[lbo-talk] On the Zombie Apocalypse

Ferenc Molnar ferenc_molnar at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 26 09:19:43 PST 2012

It's fascinating and, I think, a generational obsession. Not necessarily the "zombie apocalypse" but the zombie meme itself. I think the cut off point is people below the age of thirty or so. It's positive antonym might be the super-hero meme... young people identifying as super-heroes, wearing tights, homemade super-hero outfits. It's both ironic and serious. I'm not sure if I get either the zombie stuff or the super-hero stuff but I like them both.

fm