[lbo-talk] A liberal geek defense of Ron Paul

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 07:36:10 PST 2012

Marv: "No group seeks power for its own sake, Woj. They seek power as a means of realizing their objectives."

WS: Obviously. But the point is that these objectives can be either mainly pecuniary e.g. using political connections to milk the public treasury or strategic i.e. preventing other contenders from gaining power regardless of whether this brings pecuniary gains or not. I think I explain that point in my posting.

I understand that for Marxists all politics is pecuniary by definition, but this understanding of institutions and politics is rather pedestrian in my opinion, even though it fits well the American weltanschauung where money is everything - both god and satan.

Wojtek