[lbo-talk] Capitalism and porn

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Jan 23 15:24:30 PST 2012

"btw, the proposition that people don't want to have vanilla sex after viewing porn is ridiculous. we watching all kinds of romanticized unrealistic crap on television and read it in books and magazines; doesn't stop of from proceeding apace in the real world having love affairs, having children, raising families, owning pets, going to college, getting jobs, making friends, etc. I mean, why would I date or marry anyone when it would be so much better to watch people on the screen have much better and more interesting dialogue than could possibly happen in real life. (I'm fucking around at this point)"

Yeah. Very true.

I'm going to go see "Shame" tonight with a friend who confesses to be a recovering sex addict. I'm curious what he says.

Joanna